Like any other quotes, travel quotes keep that fire inside you burning. And specific to travel quotes, they keep the explorer side of you alive and kicking.
Disclaimer: Know that this blog post isn’t intended to encourage you to travel at the moment while the COVID-19 pandemic is at its peak nor to downplay its urgency. But I wrote and published this to lighten the mood of those who are bored and/or sad of being quarantined, got travel disruptions due to the said crisis, and to remind everyone that we can get through this adversity and can explore the corners of the world again in no time.
Before anything else, please subscribe to my email list to receive updates on my latest blog posts and adventures. I promise; I won’t send spam because I personally hate spam.
Whether you’re already collecting a lot of passport stamps and visas, or still daydreaming of travelling outside your own city, here are the best inspiring travel quotes that will surely hype up your wanderlust (and can also be your Instagram captions, if that’s your game *shrugging here*):
30. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.”
29. “I wish I had never gone traveling. Said no one ever.”
“Go where you feel most alive.”— Unknown
27. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.”
“Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.”— Unknown
25. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
Travel quotes for self-growth and self-love
24. “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.”
— Matthew Karsten
23. “Travel far enough to meet yourself.”
— David Mitchell
“Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.”— David McCullough
21. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
“Jobs fill your pocket but adventures fill your soul.”— Jamie Lyn Beatty
19. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
— Henry Miller
“With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.”— Sandra Lake
17. “So much of who we are is where we have been.”
— William Langewiesche
16. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.”
— Anaïs Nin
Best quotes for travelling lovers and buddies
“I have found out there is no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”— Mark Twain
14. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.”
— Ernest Hemingway
13. “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.”
— Henry David Thoreau
“Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.”— The Dhammapada
Travel quotes about life-changing travels
11. “Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
— Ibn Battuta
10. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”
— Anita Desai
9. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.”
— Eugene Fodor
“Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage.”— Paulo Coelho
7. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
— Neale Donald Walsch
6. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
— André Gide
5. “It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way!”
— Penelope Riley
4. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.”
— Oliver Wendell Holmes
And my personal bet is… (drum roll, please).
My personal favourites
“Follow your bliss.”— Alexey (@wanderlust)
To give you a little background, I love this travel quote because Alexey is one of my inspirations on content creation. His passion for travelling and chasing his bliss gave me a huge chunk of hope and confidence. He inspires me in a way that I believe I can also pull it off and be blissful in whatever endeavour I’m having right now and will be having in the future. I hope you’ll follow your bliss, too.
And of course, I’ve got some of my words added in this list of travel quotes as well.“Wander to witness the known and to unfold the unknown.”— Jian Carlo Suliano Click To Tweet
Okay, that’s the soul explorer and traveller in me. But the next one is what we’ll I’ll advise to travellers who are still learning about themselves, figuring out their life or searching for something in general.“Travel not for validation, not to show off on social media, and certainly not to please others. Travel for yourself.”— Jian Carlo Suliano Click To Tweet
What’s your favourite travel quote from this list? Or do you have something to add? Let me and the other travellers know in the comments.
Don’t let the traveller in you die. Spread the wanderlust bug (travel inspiration) through sharing this blog content. Thank you and till next time we hit the road!
PS: Don’t forget to stay healthy, have enough rest, wash your hands always, and please do me a favour. Share this post to also inspire your friends and family.